£40000 - £45000 per annum
Project Manager with Quantity Surveying Experience
You will specialise, or work across a variety of sectors such as:
- Hospitality fit out
- Retail fit out
- General construction
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be able to follow a standard process, but also work under own initiatives
- initiate projects - check feasibility and work out budgets, teams and resources
- carry out planning - this will include setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producing schedules and timelines for tasks - in accordance with the needs of your client. Some tools, such as Powerproject or similar can be used to create a visual project plan
- select, lead and motivate the project team from both internal and external stakeholder organisations
- manage project - which includes coordinating the project team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget
- carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project
- identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- report regularly to management and the client
- close the project - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
- Starting salary based on previous experience but as a guide expected salary £40-45k per annum
You can expect to work normal business hours Monday to Friday. You may be expected to work additional hours to meet deadlines.
What to expect
- You'll lead a project team to meet tight deadlines, which means you may be working under pressure
- Most of the time you'll be office based but you should expect to travel to visit sites, clients and attend project team meetings.
Ideally a foundation degree, HND or degree in business or project management to provide practical knowledge about the commercial aspects of projects. Postgraduate study in project management will increase your understanding but is not a pre-requisite to employment.
You'll need to have:
- Proven working experience in project management with some base level Quantity Surveying experience
- excellent organisation skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team
- the ability to monitor and control budgets
- The ability to measure works from drawings and onsite
- Excellent client-facing skills with general communication and negotiation skills, to manage expectations
- the ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
- technical knowledge related to fast fit out hospitality/ restaurant projects may also be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Ideally Work experience in managing resources, costs and people will help you but we will also review Experience in supporting roles, such as administrator, coordinator and scheduling positions.
You will be a member of a professional body, such as the APM or the PMI