Group Sales Manager
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car allowance + other great benefits!
A highly successful and busy Builders Merchant in South West London are looking for a stand-out individual to join their team as a Group Sales Manager. This is an excellent and very rewarding position for someone with……
As Group Sales Manager you will be responsible for the performance of an external sales team. You will need to manage and co-ordinate your team effectively and ensure they are working closely with Branch Managers and other decision makers to meet customer needs. As well as managing an account ledger you will Also be expected to develop new business for the company.
Responsibilities as Group Sales Manager
- Deliver sales and margin performance across a central ledger whilst also driving new business. You will also need to deliver agreed budgeted sale and margin targets.
- Develop a sales plan in with managers across the business that includes:
- Sales Growth in line with budget expectations
- Gross Margin development to meet budget expectations
- Customer pipeline development
- Marketing initiatives to connect suppliers to customers to increase footfall and ATV's
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Work with the Directors to develop sales planning strategies for generating high returns, including devising policies and plans for achieving sales levels.
- Manage a small team of Area Sales Managers, selling directly to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Support the team in developing local market intelligence to present and use to further sales.
- Work with the Directors and the SMT to recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Discuss and agree annual budgets and targets as well as strategies to achieve these with the MD and FD.
- Lead, inspire and engage not only the Area Sales team but also in branch sales staff to ensure achievement of clearly defined targets. You will need to offer strong support to help your Sales team be as successful as possible.
- Deliver sales plans through good management of the team, ensuring everyone understands what is expected of them, how they are doing and what they may need to do to improve their performance.
- Ensure all Healthy and Safety regulations are being adhered to.
To be Successful as a Group Sales Manager
- Have strong leadership skills and be business minded. We need someone tenacious, highly driven and able to manage the high expectations of the role.
- Have a strong financial awareness.
- Be able to make informed and balanced decisions by being analytical and drawing on your previous experience within a field sales role.
- Be an excellent communicator with strong skills in building relationships with both your team and your clients.
- Create a supportive and productive working environment for your team which is results driven and rewards commitment and hard work.
It is essential you have a full clean driving licence for this role.
In return for your hard work as a Group Sales Manager
- A hugely generous basic salary of up to £50k
- Car Allowance
- Other great benefits
To be considered for this exciting and reward position get in touch with a member of our team at 02074861777 or email Larah.Harrison@foynejones.com